Day of the Dead Calavera pin

blue calavera pin1


3-D calavera pin is 2-3/8″ X 3″

Royal Blue

Created by Karla Diaz

1 in stock (can be backordered)


Each Calavera is hand-made by a parent of the Morning Garden program. The Morning Garden program is dedicated to providing the highest quality education to the children of low income families. Each artist is able to express their unique style in the creation of these hand-crafted ornaments. The embroidery styles express traditional techniques of various regions in Mexico and Guatemala and El Salvador.

Proceeds from the sale of these items help our families gain economic stability and improve the emotional and physical lives of their families. 80% of the proceeds of these products are given directly to the parents. The remaining 20% is used for materials.
The Day of the Dead is celebrated every year on November 2nd. Families and friends gather to pray for and remember friends and family members who have passed. Traditionally, it is believed that we die three deaths. The first is when our physical body expires. The second is when a service is celebrated in memory of the deceased. The third death is when the person is no longer remembered. Day of the Dead is an emotionally moving and beautiful time of remembrance. We invite you to remember loved ones with us when you purchase one of our ornaments.

The calavera pin can be worn on shirts, blouses, jackets, coats, purses, backpacks or wherever you enjoy wearing them. They are made with loving care and great attention to precision and detail. Each calavera pin comes attached to a card with the Morning Garden logo and website. They make excellent gifts and we are happy to provide enclosure cards with a personal message.
Make sure to take a look at our large Calaveras.

Connect with Hands Together

Stay up to day with all the latest news on Early Childhood Education