Day of the Dead Calavera



Forest Green with magenta and black flower eyes

Stem stitch design


Each Calavera is hand-made by a parent of the Morning Garden program. The Morning Garden program is dedicated to providing the highest quality education to the children of low income families. Each artist is able to express their unique style in the creation of these hand-crafted ornaments. All items are made of the best quality felt and 100% DMC®cotton thread. The embroidery styles express traditional techniques of various regions in Mexico and Guatemala. Proceeds from the sale of these items  help our families gain economic stability and improve the emotional and physical lives of their families. 80% of the proceeds of these products are given directly to the parents. The remaining 20% is used for materials. The Day of the Dead is celebrated every year on November 2nd. Families and friends gather to pray for and remember friends and family members who have passed. Traditionally, it is believed that we die three deaths. The first is when our physical body expires. The second is when a service is celebrated in memory of the deceased. The third death is when the person is no longer remembered. Day of the Dead is an emotionally moving and beautiful time of remembrance. We invite you to remember loved ones with us when you purchase one of our ornaments. This 3-D calavera is 3-1/2″ X 4-3/8″ with a crocheted loop that enables you to hang it from doors, windows, rear-view mirrors or any location where you are able to enjoy it. They are made with loving care and great attention to precision and detail. Each calavera is packaged in a cellophane bag, tied with raffia ribbon and a description of the program and product. They make excellent gifts and we are happy to provide enclosure cards with a personal message. Make sure to take a look at our calavera accessories.

Connect with Hands Together

Stay up to day with all the latest news on Early Childhood Education